Saturday, June 18, 2005

To me, "scruples" are Russian money, and "morals" are paintings on walls.

sober driver, drunken cars

"The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision."

"And that's Jack. He thinks he's a god but he's so brain fried all the time he probably forgot his girlfriend's name. Or that she's really a guy."

We scottish have our own kung-fu. It's called, "F***K YOU!" and consists of mostly headbanging and kicking your foe when they pass out.

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance." --Oscar Wilde

Foolish are the people who play Twister on the stairs.

depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose.

"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self." - Aldous Huxley

"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -Hu

"Substance is your strength. The true nature and depth of your search ignite the ink from black to blaze. The deep tread of a diver leaves the footprint of a man."

Take the time to pull the weeds, choking flowers in your life

even angels cast shadows

You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe. Its only after the "believers" have their faith shaken sufficiently that progress can start again...

Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not.

Mmm, you should ask them to implant one of those singing birthday/Christmas-card microchips into your tit, so that the next time somebody mooshes it around, they'll be surprised with a muffled, bleeping version of "Frosty the Snowman".

'The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread' -Anatole France

A critic is a man who knows the way but can't drive the car.

From all other ills do mine differ. It pleaseth me; my ill is what I want and my suffering my health. My ill comes to me by my will; but I am so pleased to want thus that I suffer agreeably, and have so much joy in my pain that I am sick with delight.

"Oh yeah asthma camp was great. Spending nights singing rousing campfire songs 'round the humidifier. And playing follow the wheezer and inhaler roulette! One out of the six was filled with cat hair. Tricky game."

G is for greed
O is for order
V is for villains in the 3-piece suits defining the borders
E is for empire
R is for revenue
N is for not for me but none was
MENT was meant for you and me
- ima robot

"a watched pot never boils. a watched pot with a flame under it does."

It's kind of hard to go for an insanity plea when your client reloads.

"Gump was wrong!! Life isnt like a box of chocolates its more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

LOVE IS ONLY GENERIC HATE

It all seems a terrible fuss over one person, and I agree with my friends who say Ms Mukhtaran's tribulations are not representative of all of Pakistan.
But her case has become a symbol, and symbols count. And it doesn't matter whether that involves good news or bad. It must be written.

Does the fish know it's wet?

I shake to keep steady

'Stop trying to figure out who's talented and who's not, and just take a shot at it, okay? Do some art. Tell anybody who asks that I said it was all right.'
--Emma Bull

Long after, and the night was again, shall I say, rather educational, he laughed at me eating apples in the bathtub. I was starving, of course, but I would have done it for the fact that it made him laugh.

We're running different races you and I, you can't win because I'm not competing against you.

There is no such thing as a tough child. If you boil them for 7 hours, they always come out tender.

The gene pool needs more chlorine.

found religion inside myself
i drank the blood, the flesh was stale

I have no doubt at all the devil grins,
as seas of ink I splatter.
Ye gods, forgive me for my literary sins-
The other kind don't matter.

I'm what your mother would have been if she'd never had kids

What came first? Man or God?

We join spokes together in a wheel, but it is the center hole that makes the wagon move. We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want. We work with being, but non-being is what we use.

The beginning has been found.

A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking. -Arthur Block

Human beings are so stifled. I like my dog. He humps everything in sight and doesn't care who sees."

I'm so left it hurts.
- Rowan Moore

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home