Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My mom just got a Facebook. That's just... wrong. She just sent me a vampire bat and two bears hugging. And wrote on my wall how much she loves me. MOM, my friends reads that. But at least now I can use the excuse that "hey, I bit you and added you to my vampire army just last week" when she complains that I don't call her.

Two wrongs don't make a right...but it's a start.

If a tree falls in a forest, and nobody hears it, I hope it falls on a Philosphy professor.

Meekness: Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while.

Let us now speak of brave men who lived their lives just as they would have it. I would give my last dollar away just to hang out with you one more day.

We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.

When a discussion is happening among people without a particular privilege, it's ridiculously common for a member of the privileged group to come across it, see that rage or upset directed towards the people with the privilege, feel like they personally are being attacked (because they are a member of that group!) and leap in, guns blazing, to talk about how their group is also affected by the systematic brokenness of our society.

"A shark attack is if you're chilling at home, sitting on your couch, and a shark comes in and bites you; now that's a shark attack. Now, if you're chilling in the water, that is called invasion of space. So I have never heard of a shark attack."

I remember growing up hating people like me.

"There are two kinds of justice: the lawyer who knows the laws well, and the lawyer who knows the judges well." -Coluche

if wishes were horses, I'd be the only one walking.

A creative mess is better than tidy idleness

"It's never too late to be early
Or try and maintain
Some scrap of integrity and certainty
I guess."

i'm a gingerbread homewreaker.

When you got nothing to lose, then baby you got it all. - Operator

If this is paradise, then I want a lawnmower.

Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

I still miss you, baby, but my aim's getting better.

I live one day at a time but I'm three weeks behind.
common for a member of the privileged group to come across it, see that rage or upset directed towards the people with the privilege, feel like

I need this. want this. have to soak in it. calm my nerves, comb my hair. fluff my pillow. be quiet. it's o.k, I'm here, and I love you.
Be, be, be with me.
-Marin

There are things you don't know. There are things you can never know. You can be told about them, and you can, as you start to open your eyes and observe and listen, start to see and hear them, but you can never experience them firsthand.